This Copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe is an easy-to-make restaurant-style seafood meal that is sure to be a hit.
Tangy, garlicky, and a bit creamy and spicy, this Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe is my go-to meal when I want to spoil myself or my family.
The broth that results is so good with crusty homemade bread.You will want to soak up every last bit of it.
The trick is to cook the shrimp for just a few minutes to keep them fresh and not mushy, remove them, make the sauce (broth) and return them to the pan to heat them again a bit.
This is an absolutely wonderful meal. You can even eat them on top of freshly cooked pasta if you prefer a complete meal, but for me, bread is the only way to go!
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon pure olive oil
2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped…
1 1/2 cups white wine, I use chardonnay
1/2 fresh lemon, Juice only
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tablespoon parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How To Make Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
1. Heat cast iron skillet and add olive oil.
2. Add shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent, reduce heat. Remove Shrimp and set aside.
3. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Do not allow garlic to brown – it will make it bitter.
4. Add white wine, and lemon juice.
5. Cook until wine is reduced by half. After it is reduced, add Italian seasoning.
6. Reduce heat to low, and add butter. If pan is too hot, the butter will separate.
7. Add shrimp back into sauce, add parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese