Imagine biting into a slice of soft, moist cake that is bursting with delightful flavors of juicy peaches and heavenly cream cheese. This Peaches & Cream Cheese Loaf is an absolute treat for the senses, a perfect blend of fruity sweetness and creamy indulgence. With every bite, you will be transported to a sunny orchard, surrounded by the aroma of ripe peaches and the comforting taste of homemade goodness.
As the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the countryside, my grandmother would invite me into her rustic kitchen. It was there that I first discovered the magic of Peaches & Cream Cheese Loaf. I still remember the way she lovingly selected the ripest peaches from her own backyard, their golden flesh glistening with anticipation. With careful hands, she would slice them delicately and fold them into the batter, creating a cake that was as beautiful as it was delicious.
The following version has been adapted to use peaches from a can. This is to save you time and make it easier.
Peaches & Cream Cheese Loaf
Peaches& CREAM CHEESE LOAF
8 ounces of softened cream cheese
One 15-ounce can of sliced peaches, drained and diced
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 tablespoon of lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 cup of milk
Optional: Dash of cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth.
3. Add the lemon zest, eggs, flour, salt, baking powder, and optional cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the milk until the batter is smooth.
5. Gently fold in the diced peaches.
6. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Adorn with more sliced peaches on top, if desired.
7. Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let the loaf cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once cooled, slice and serve the delicious Peaches & Cream Cheese Loaf!